Pages

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

phonoh

CES has come and gone and there was not much to report. Neil Young's 'Pono' musical toblerone had its big debut. Eager readers can pre-order now for February delivery.

I told you last week about my own dissatisfaction with the state of my tunes. The silence of my new MacBook has been an improvement over iTunes. Still, I crave the highly compressed audio junk food Neil Young seeks to eradicate. I need it the way hipsters need tater-tots. I couldn't sleep.

I hacked until music started playing. Then I stopped. Here it is. I give you phonoh. Works in Safari and Chrome. Drag files from the Finder on to the deck.

Here's a complete rundown on the features:

ControlsNone
WarrantyNone
PortabilityNone
PlaylistsNone
EqualizerNone
Music StoreNone
WearableIn a backpack
YellowNone
Letter 'H'Two!

In the harsh light of this rigorous comparison, the otherwise minimalistic Pono appears to drip with baroque and unnecessary features. Phonoh packs the only feature that counts -- the letter 'H'. Pono? None. Phonoh? Two!

The 'H' isn't silent to real audiophiles, Neil.

No comments:

Post a Comment