Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

deep funk

The memory of beating an Apple wireless keyboard to death (see ewaste) was still in my mind two weeks ago as I worked on an epic ewaste manifesto dedicated to my outgoing Novatel MiFi 2200. That memory was somehow on the mind of my replacement Apple wireless keyboard as well. Bluetooth promised gadgets that could talk to each other. Apparently they do. Word spreads.

After weeks of good behavior from my bluetooth gadgets, my replacement keyboard decided to avenge its cousin. It switched itself on inside my laptop bag and, together with a co-conspiring Incase Origami Workstation, pinned its backspace key down.

The entire post disappeared. I spun into a deep funk that is only now ending.

The Origami is otherwise quite neat. The Apple keyboard snaps inside securely. The case switches easily from keyboard cover to iPad stand. Amazon reviewers complain that the little Velcro patches are glued poorly to the plastic case. This is also my experience. The patches secure the Origami in either mode. I have glued them back on twice.

This post (may it last long enough to be read) was composed on the iPad using the on-screen keyboard. The best keyboard is the one you have with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment