Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

backlog one

It's Father's Day Eve here in the United States. We've been chilling on the day-of event here in the U.S. for about a century but specific eve-of programming still has substantial regional variations.

In my new home in Washington, D.C. the traditions are in flux. In Washington, the basic summer strategy is to bolt for anywhere but here. That's what my family correctly did. I stayed behind to finish some work. I've spent the whole eve bumping into other similarly unraptured dads. My eve-of present is the peace to catch up with you. I'm incredibly grateful.

Our first order of business together is my backlog of gadget reviews. Here's a prototype of the Team Reograph lightning review format:

photo courtesy your correspondent
I bought a Clipper Creek HCS-40 EVSE for my BMW i3. I screwed it to the back of my workshop, hooked it up to the workshop subpanel, and plugged it into my car. It makes my car go. The barely-there lambskin action on the included Delphi cordset blows away the plug feel of the cheap (probably latex) sets on lesser charging stations. This box has juiced me for more than ten thousand miles seventy two miles at a time with no problems. Go buy one right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment